Thursday, April 17, 2008

When the going is tough....

I would smile

Say words to soothe

Grip hands to affirm

My trust, my faith,

To transmit energy

Convey how much I care.

I would unfurl

The golden pages and

Recall who I am.

My spirit strengthened

I would soar, strive

To realize, not analyze

Dreams that must be dreamt.

I would shut the cacophony around

And composed within

Write a symphony of

Harmonious notes.

I would believe that

“ the secret of life

Is to make stepping stones

Out of stumbling blocks.”

I would learn

That to be shaken

Is not to be broken

That my yesterday

Will again be tomorrow

As it must.

I would, wisdom dawned

Learn to remember:

My destiny is not

The slope of the valley

But, guided by the stars

Is to claw up the climb

In the stillness of night

To an applauding world.

-- Donn Doongaji

No comments: